How to detect and handle if being tracked using AirTag is an issue that many people are concerned about, especially those who use Apple devices. AirTag is a compact device that can be attached to personal items to help you find them when lost or lost. However, AirTag can also become a tool for bad guys to secretly track you, causing security and privacy risks. So how to detect and handle if being tracked with AirTag? Let’s AnonyViet Find out in this article.
|Join the channel Telegram belong to AnonyViet 👉 Link 👈|
How to detect and handle if being tracked using AirTag
How to detect
Apple AirTag is a device that helps users locate and monitor their objects effectively, but it is also easy to be used by bad guys to track others.
If you are using an iPhone running iOS 14.5 or higher, the device will automatically warn if it detects a strange AirTag following you. You can press “Play Sound” to make the strange AirTag sound.
As for phones running Android 9 or higher, you need to install the “Tracker Detect” application to detect strange AirTags. You can click “Scan” to search for AirTags around. However, this application does not warn automatically and requires manual scanning.
If you receive a notification about an unknown AirTag in your area, take the following steps to assess the situation, and take precautions as necessary:
- Step 1: Check to see if there are any AirTags attached to your belongings. You can use Find My or Tracker Detect to search.
- Step 2: When found, write down the serial number and listen for a beep to determine the exact location of the AirTag.
- Step 3: Remove the battery from the AirTag to disable it. The way to remove it is to press down on the cover, turn it counterclockwise and then take out the battery.
- Step 4: Report the incident to the authorities, providing the serial number so they can identify the person who placed the AirTag.
- Step 5: Continue to be vigilant, checking your belongings regularly for any suspicious AirTags.
Things to pay attention to when detecting a strange AirTag
- Keep calm. Please process according to the steps instructed above.
- Only when you have clearly determined that the AirTag does not belong to you should you remove the AirTag battery.
- Do not interfere with other people’s AirTags without it being clear.
- Always update your phone to the latest version to receive timely notifications.
- Do not touch or move the AirTag before recording the serial number. This will help authorities easily trace the source. After reporting, additional precautions should be taken if the monitoring is felt to be purposeful and ongoing.
How to detect and handle if being tracked using AirTag is an essential skill for those who use Apple devices. By regularly checking personal items, using iOS security features, and removing AirTags if detected, you can protect yourself from the dangers posed by bad guys.