Compressing photos is essential so you can save storage space. Nowadays, image compression is very easy using available software. However, there is some software that you must purchase a license for. Currently Microsoft Word can also help you reduce image size and change image size. With the convenience of not having to install any additional software, you can do it right on your computer.
|Join the channel Telegram belong to AnonyViet 👉 Link 👈
Nowadays, almost everyone's computer has Word installed for text editing. In addition to the editing function, Microsoft Word also supports many other functions such as separate image background with Word. The article below will guide you through a half function of compressing images with word and changing the resolution.
Compress images or change image resolution with Word
To compress an image, you will remove excess pixels to reduce the image size. This can be done on Word without needing it image compression software other.
Step 1: Open the Word application in the Microsoft Office suite, select the photo you want to reduce in size.
Step 2: Under Picture Toolin Tabs Formatin group Adjust click Compress images .
If you don't see the tab Picture Tool – Format make sure you click on the image. You can double click on the image and open it tab Format .
Also, depending on your screen size, you may only see the icons for group Adjust. Knot Compress Pictures Just an icon, no title.
To compress the selected image, without affecting other images, remember to check it Apply to: Selected pictures.
Section Change resolution, You choose the resolution you want to change:
- Web/Screen: suitable resolution for website or screen presentation
- Print: suitable for printing (96 dpi)
- Compression changes are made when you close the dialog box. If you are not satisfied with the results, you can undo changes. (Ctrl + Z)
- Image compression can make images look different due to loss of detail. Therefore, you should back up images before compressing images with Word.
Change the default resolution and turn off image compression in Word
Pictures in Office are automatically compressed to print at 220 ppi. You can change the default image resolution or turn off image compression.
- Click File > Options.
- In box Optionsclick Advanced.
- Pull down to the heart Image Size and Qualityfollow the steps below:
- If you want to turn off default image compression, check: Do not compress images in file
- If you want to change the default resolution: Set default target out to: Choose appropriate ppi